Clark & Brody – Partner – October 1999 to present
Dickinson Wright PLLC – Of Counsel – May 1997 to October 1999
Lowe, Price, LeBlanc & Becker – Partner – January 1991 to May 1997
H. Jay Spiegel & Associates – Senior Associate – June 1989 to January 1991
- preparing and prosecuting patent applications for domestic clients in areas of semiconductor devices and manufacturing processes, wireless technologies, inorganic chemistry, medical devices, ceramic materials, mechanical and electro-mechanical technologies, and computer software, including client portfolio management and prosecuting foreign based applications in chemical and mechanical technologies and semiconductor devices and processing;
- preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark applications, oppositions, and cancellations;
- investigations and preparing opinions relating to validity, infringement and patentability;
- prosecuting special examination procedures including reissues, reexaminations, protests and interferences;
- counseling clients concerning trademarks, copyrights, and patent infringement, validity, and licensing issues;
- litigation involving legal research, motion drafting, counseling, and discovery.
Patent and Trademark Office:
Examiner–October 1981 to May 1989, Primary Examiner–from December 1987
- Examined applications in metallurgical apparatus and heat treating methods, alloy compositions, semiconductor manufacturing processing and devices, ceramics, inorganic chemistry, coating and laminate materials, powder metallurgy;
- Reclassified Class 148, heat treatment methods and products;
- Involved in protested reissue, reexaminations and interferences.
Process, Quality Control and Research Engineers–June 1975 to October 1981
- responsible for process engineering design for engineering company;
- monitored and analyzed quality control problems in stainless steel mill;
- managed research and development in oil shale, coal and other synthetic fuel technologies.
- George Mason University School of Law, May 1986;
- Carnegie-Mellon University, B.S. Metallurgical Eng. – Material Science, May 1975;
- Virginia State Bar, October 1986; District of Columbia Bar, December 1997.