Clark & Brody Alexandria, VA: 1999-present
Dickinson Wright PLLC, Washington. D.C.: 1991-1999
Berman, Aisenberg & Platt, Washington, D. C.: 1981-1991
- Patent prosecution: Extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in a wide variety of electrical and mechanical technologies, including particularly electronics, optics, computer software, television displays, medical products, and high purity metals. Particular expertise in reissue, reexamination, examiner interviews, appeals, and petitions practice.
- Patent counseling: extensive experience counseling clients with respect to a variety of legal issues including patent infringement and patent validity.
- Patent litigation: primary responsibility for discovery of all types and witness examinations at trial; an active member in litigation teams in patent infringement trials in District Courts involving preliminary injunctions, infringement, validity, and damages issues, and in appeals to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Expert/consultant in patent litigation involving the basic patents for off-axis holography and colorimeters, and testimony at trial as an expert in patent law.
- Licensing: Counseling and negotiation of numerous licenses for both patented and trade secret technology.
Patent and Trademark Office:
Patent Examiner, United States Patent and Trademark Office 1968-1981
- Primary Examiner in optical and electro-optical arts, including lasers, holography, interferometry, refractometry, telephoto lenses, and microscopes.
- Detail to Classification for reclassification of Class 356 (Optics: Measuring and Testing)
- Detail to Deputy Commissioner of Patents, Office of Petitions
- Colorado School of Mines: Mineral Engineer-Physics 1968
- George Mason University: MBA 1977
- American University: J.D. 1981
- District of Columbia Bar
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- American Intellectual Property Law Association